Hello! This is my first, pre-depature blog post for all of you here in the good ol' USA eager to hear about my adventures. I have a lot of time on my hands here doing nothing in New Jersey so I apologize in advance if this blog ends up actually containing only one or two posts.
I am leaving this Friday, January 6th from Boston Logan Airport at 5:00 pm - arrive at LAX at 8:30 pm - depart 11:50 pm and arrive at 7:50 at Brisbane, Australia on January 8th. In other words, I will be skipping two days in a 20 hour period. Time travel.
I will be living and "studying" at Bond University on The Gold Coast. The Gold Coast is part of Queensland, on the east coast - about two hours north of Sydney, and one hour south of Brisbane.
I'll be taking several Psychology and Behaviour Management courses - at least that's what I have planned at this point.
As of today, Sunday January 1, 2012 (wow) - I have nothing packed. I'm kinda hoping my suitcases will pack themselves because I don't have any idea how I'm going to not bring every article of clothing I own. I'll take any advice anyone can offer for how to pack two suitcases for 4 months of living in another country.
That's all I have to say for now. I've selected a privileged few who I think might be interested in hearing what I'm up to, and I'm purposely not posting this for the public on facebook. I don't think the world needs to know what I'm doing. But feel free to share this with any friends/family interested!
I will definitely miss everyone from home - but this blog should serve as a good way to keep in contact since the time difference will make things difficult.
I can also be contacted via skype - username eab320 and email (which is my first and last name, no symbols or numbers, @gmail)
_eab
I lied, we are not close to sydney at all! It's like an 11 hour drive...
ReplyDelete